We’ve all heard about trying to make a distinction between need and want. It’s an age-old tussle that is effectively applied to committing to a coach relationship.
The new year is now well underway and full of potential – and it’s a time many of us ponder the future of our business.
Are you brimming with confidence and ready to go?
Or do you have doubts and not sure which way to turn?
Many clients contact me in February following a summer break, needing to make significant decisions about their future. But there are also decisions you’ll need to make before you embark on a coaching partnership.
No-one needs a coach. Successful coaching partnerships that create positive and sustainable outcomes happen when you want a coach. A coach will help to produce results beyond those achieved in your day-to-day pursuits, both in business and life.
Working with a business coach is not for everyone. You need to be open to feedback and ready to make changes – and not all of them are easy.
To help you decide if now is the time to begin working with a coach, I’ve developed two quick checklists.
Five reasons NOT to engage a coach;
- You know your business better than anyone else.
- Life is busy – you have no time to spare.
- You’re already stressed enough.
- You don’t want to be told what to do.
- Some issues are private and not for discussion.
If this sounds like you, coaching might not be for you right now. A coaching partnership is a deep dive not only into your business but for the business leader as well. There’s a need for honesty and real commitment to change.
Five reasons you SHOULD partner with a coach;
- You’re facing an increasing level of overwhelm, stress and complexity as you seek to sustain your business.
- You constantly read articles about improvement, try new things, but are unable to gain any headway.
- You are ready for a constructive challenge. A coach will help you change your way of thinking to impact outcomes positively.
- You yearn for a focus that provides clarity, passion, purpose and energy. A coach will guide you through a process of simplification to attain focus, then help you create an accountability plan and agreed steps for improvement and growth.
- You want to change your lifestyle. Better business solutions mean better business outcomes and in the process, a better life.
Without a trusted mentor or colleague who will actively listen, many businesses fail needlessly. Many business leaders face the crossroad decision of, “do I want to accept extinction, or stride purposefully towards evolution?”
Are you are ready to commit to change in 2019?
Better Business Solutions, Better Business Outcomes, A Better Life.
Contact me to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me +61 (0) 416155565